Thanksgiving is a time to be thankful for all that you have in life and to be especially thankful for all of the people in your life. Don’t forget to include your custodian on your thank-you list!
Did you ever think about all the work that goes into the production of your favorite television show or movie? There are a lot of people behind the scenes making sure everything goes smoothly. Just as producers, costume designers, and makeup artists are working behind the camera, the custodians in your facility are working hard to make sure your building is clean and safe.
Here are some reasons to be thankful for all that your custodian does behind the scenes:
- They endure the storms and bad weather to clear snow from walkways, salt icy steps, lay down dry mats by entrances, and mop up any rain or mud you might track in, making sure you can get in and out of your building safely every day.
- They help keep us healthy! With hundreds of people touching the same things daily – door handles, elevator buttons, railings – your custodian is there to clean, sanitize, and refresh everything on a regular basis.
- They do what no one else wants to do – chores. From taking out the garbage, refilling the toilet paper or paper towels, sweeping the kitchen, and vacuuming the carpets, custodians keep your building spotless. If you didn’t have a custodian, part of your job might include doing chores at work to help keep the building clean.
- They find the things you lose and make sure they either get back to you or go in the lost and found.
- They are hard at work while you’re eating dinner, eating breakfast, or even when you’re asleep.
Thank your custodians for everything they do to keep your building safe, clean, and pleasant. These people are an important part of the success of any facility, as a clean, well-maintained, and operational building provides a better environment for everyone.
For more information about everything your custodian does behind the scenes to make sure your day runs smoothly, contact GCA Services Group at email@example.com.