In 2003, GCA Services Group, Inc. was founded by a group of entrepreneurs and private equity firms with the vision of becoming the premier national provider of facility services in the United States.
To effectuate this plan, GCA promptly went shopping for the companies that would become GCA Services Group. The plan was to acquire several well-respected regional companies and leverage the strengths of each to create a national facility services company superior to all others in the industry. The companies were identified, acquired, and integrated—and GCA Services Group was launched, with the mission of providing its customers with unmatched quality and value through superior services—measured, managed, and guaranteed.
Companies Acquired and Integrated Within GCA Services Group
The following companies were acquired and integrated within GCA Services Group, and all were chosen for their common values, excellent reputations, and proven track records for delivering superior service.
- The ABS Companies – Formerly headquartered in Houston, Texas and founded in 1945, ABS was one of the largest facility service contractors in the U.S. ABS focused on cleaning services in the hi-tech manufacturing, corporate campuses, and aviation industries, in addition to higher education markets. Through organic growth and acquisitions, ABS expanded to serve over 600 customers in 16 states on both regional and national levels.
- Sunstates Maintenance Corporation - Formerly headquartered in Greensboro, NC and founded in 1975, Sunstates was a full-service provider for regional and national companies in the industrial, pharmaceutical, and hi-tech industries.
- Sunstates Facilities Services - A division of Sunstates Maintenance Corporation, and formerly headquartered in Greensboro, NC, Sunstates Facilities Services was formed in 1995. This division serviced the highly specialized needs of the nuclear power market and was considered the most qualified building services provider in the nuclear industry.
- Southern Building Services, Inc. - Formerly headquartered in Knoxville, TN and founded in 1990, SBS earned a stellar reputation for providing custodial services primarily to public and private K-12 schools. Its veteran management team devoted much of its resources to developing a janitorial program specific to the public schools market.
- SBM Maintenance Contractors - headquartered in Downers Grove, Illinois and founded in 1975; SBM provided building, custodial and grounds services exclusively to over 300 public K-12 schools. SBM was widely recognized as the most successful facility services provider to K-12 schools in Illinois.
- TGH Companies, Inc. - Based in Garland, TX and established in 1987, TGH has provided quality custodial services to 120 K-12 schools in the Dallas-Ft. Worth Metroplex. TGH has served more public schools in the North Texas market than any other facility services provider in the area.
- GCA Education Services of New England LLC - Based in Danvers, MA, GCA Education Services of New England focuses on facilities services programs for the education sector in the northeast. The company was formed in 2004 when the facilities services division of New England-based William A. Berry & Sons, Inc., an award-winning, full-service provider of construction and management services, joined GCA Services Group.
- National Building Maintenance Company - Based in Puerto Rico and established in 1967, NBM has provided facility services to international pharmaceutical clients. NBM is one of the largest and most sophisticated multi-service sanitization and building maintenance operations in Puerto Rico.
- Dependable Building Maintenance - Based in Seattle, WA and founded in 1946, Dependable has provided quality facility services to several high-rise clients in Seattle, Portland, Redmond, and Tacoma.
- ACME Building Services - Based in Alviso, CA and established in 1970, ACME has been recognized as a leading provider of quality facility services in the Silicon Valley. ACME's client list has included several of the world's most prominent technology clients.